Earth Science Week 2016 ran from 9th to 15th October
Here is a selection of events and activities that took place during Earth Science Week 2016:
- Kick off of AGC's photographic census of Australian geology - snap a picture of a rock near you and share via #OzRockStocktake on Twitter and/or Facebook.
- We welcomed the newest rock to the National Rock Garden in Canberra on 9 October, a piece of Sydney from Moruya. Read the media release.
- Tours of Geoscience Australia's National Fossil and Mineral Collection in person or online, and their online Earth Science Quiz
- Open Day at the NSW Geological Survey in Maitland on 13 October
- A virtual field excursion
- A walking tour through the Geoheritage of The Rocks in Sydney (an event that sold out within 48 hours!)
- Break the code of Antarctic field notebooks held by Geoscience Australia
Know of other Earth Science Week events or activities that took place in 2016? Contact secrertary[at]agc.org.au and we'll add them here.